.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 29, 2005

15 days away - have I done enough?


Well, I am now 15 days away from IM, and am wondering if I have trained enough. There is not much I can do about it at this point, and I guess "it is what it is". I DO think that I have done all that I can. It's hard to say when I started training for this, but for the first 9 months of 2005, this is what I have done:

Swim - 243,727 yards (138 miles)
Bike - 3521 miles (8 100-120 mile rides)
Run - 982 miles (8 16-22.5 mile runs)
Eaten - 45 billion calories
 

Comments:
If there is one thing that you don't have to worry about, it is questioning if you've done enough. You have been the most consistent athlete I have ever seen. By consistent, I mean both pushing yourself constantly in effort and always being at the workouts. You will be walking into that water in two weeks knowing you have done things the right way and you are ready.
 
You are already an Ironman in my book. You are so ready. Soak it all in, this will be one of those burned-in memories. Come back with lessons learned for all of us who wish we were there with you.

You are ready. Taper, and race hard.

peace out.
 
Thanks for the comments. If I had known people would say such nice things, I would have done this a long time ago. Guess when I get back, it will be back to the regularly scheduled meanness.
 
You have inspired so many of us new to this sport and for that I thank you.

Your there, your ready, you have a community of friends, family and teammates who are cheering you on and you are already an Ironman to all of us.

Kathi
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?